which, in case you didn't know, means 'Frequently Asked Questions'
These are the questions most often asked by Viewers at LiveDivaCams. Before contacting us, make sure it's not covered here. Thank you.
- Is registration really free?
- Is my personal information safe with you? Who do you share it with?
- Why do you ask for a credit card at registration?
- I joined your site a while ago, why is my account still not working?
- Is this Live?
- Is this really free?
- What do I need in order to view the Video?
- Where are the archive photos?
- Why am I sometimes asked for a Screen Name and Password?
- I can't see the Video, what can I do?
- How do I end my Videochat Session?
- May I Contact a Chathost?
- How do I add a Chathost to my Favourites?
- How can I view my Favourites?
- I forgot my password. How do I get in my account again?
- How can I change my password?
- My account is inactive (or closed at user request). I want it back!
- I used to have a Screen Name but I forgot it completely.
- I am not allowed to use any services with my account. What's the problem?
- How do I change my account details?
- Can I change my Screen Name?
- Are videos free or chargeable?
- I've got a failed payment on my account - what now?
- Can I update my credit card if it's expired?
- Can I check my spending? Do I get a statement?
- Who do I contact if I would like to discuss my bill?
- It looks like I was billed twice for the same stuff...?
- How do I get billed and what do I pay for?
- Is my billing information safe and protected?
- I don't remember using your services lately. Why am I being sent a Billing Confirmation email?
- I received some Billing Confirmation emails for the same amount, why?
- Can I use a debit or cheque card for entering chargeable videos?
- My card is 'Not Honoured by the Bank'...
- My card has 'Expired'...
- My card is 'Not Validated'...
- My card is 'Closed at User Request'...
- My card is 'Suspended'...
- My card is 'Declined by the Bank'...
- Video Chat Window - How does it work?
- What is One2One?
- I can't hear any sound coming from the Chathost. Why?
- How do I know when the Chathost can see me in Cam2Cam?
- The Chathost cannot see me when I'm in video and select Cam2Cam. Why?
- Can the whole world see me when I have my webcam connected?
- The video quality is poor
- How do I write a review?
- What are the requirements for submitting a review?
- Can I post the same review more than once?
- Can I post more than one review about the same Chathost?
- Can I include links in my review?
- Does LiveDivaCams edit or delete reviews?
- Can I update a review I wrote in the past?
- Can I delete a review I previously posted?
- Does my screen name or real name appear next to the review?
- Does LiveDivaCams redistribute my reviews?
- Do my reviews have to be positive?
- 1. Is registration really free?
- Yes, it really is. We will place an authorization check on your credit card, though, to make sure that the card is valid. With some banks you may see it in your online statement for a short while but don't worry - it is never collected and disappears within seven business days.
- 2. Is my personal information safe with you? Who do you share it with?
- Yes, the information you provide to us is immediately encrypted and kept strictly confidential. It will not be given, sold or shared with any outside organization.
- 3. Why do you ask for a credit card at registration?
- Prospective members are required to have a credit card as our registration procedure has a built-in age-verification mechanism - so far the best method to prevent minors' access to the adult content.
- 4. I joined your site a while ago, why doesn't my account still work?
- Most likely, you've entered incorrect or incomplete information when registering. Just contact us and we'll try to help you as soon as possible (please make sure you specify your Screen Name plus full name and address).
- 1. Is this Live ... ?
- Yes look at the Who is online Now? section and you will be able to select one of our great Chathosts.
- 2. Is this really free?
- Browsing this site is absolutely free. It costs nothing to search and view the Chathost's Profile, and to view their personal past archive photo shots which they took while in front of their Video Camera. Because of the potential adult nature of some of these archive photos taken by the Chathosts, we need to ensure you really are an Adult. We achieve this adult check by validating your Credit Card.
However, some Chathosts do charge for viewing their live video broadcasts. It is entirely up to them if they are going to charge, when and by how much. It is out of our control. But one thing is for sure ...we GUARANTEE that we will NEVER, EVER charge you for anything unless you specifically request one of these chargeable Live Videochat Sessions, and then you will be given a warning before entering the video. And at any time, you can instantly view the full details of any charges you have incurred... leaving YOU in full control.
- 3. What do I need in order to view the Video?
- Nothing at all if you just want to watch and text chat with the Chathosts! All modern browsers can see the Chathosts' live broadcasts without the need for any downloads or plug-ins. However, on the remote chance that you cannot see the video, then probably you need to install Adobe Flash (you can install it from Adobe's web site).
If you would like to take advantage of Sound and/or Cam2Cam (Two-way video) functions, then you will need some extra equipment:
For Sound, which enables you to hear a Chathost speaking, your PC will need a soundcard as well as either a set of speakers or headphones.
If you would like the Chathost to see you live, then you will need a webcam.
- 4. Where are the archive photos?
- You may hear a Chathost suggesting that you should look at their Archive Photos. These are photos the Chathost has taken during their current or historical live broadcasts. You gain access to these photos from the Chathost Profile. If you cannot see a Chathost's archive photos, then it is because you are not a registered viewer or that Chathost has not taken any snapshot photos of any of their previous broadcasts.
- 5. Why am I sometimes asked for a Screen Name and Password?
- Whenever you try to access an area which may contain material of an *adult* nature you will need to enter the Screen Name and Password you registered before. If you have not registered with the LiveDivaCams Network, then you will not be able to gain access to these areas.
- 6. I can't see the Video, what can I do?
- The following is a list of things you can check...
- Maybe the Chathost is having problems with their video? In the text chat area ask if others have a problem seeing the Video.
- In order to see live streaming video in your browser you must have Java enabled. You don't need to know what Java is about (it's technical stuff), but you will need to check that the Java option is enabled in your browser. You will need to consult your browser documentation or Help screens to ensure this option is turned on.
- 7. How do I end my Videochat Session?
- Any of the following ways will work. However the first option is the simplest...
- Click on the End Session Button immediately below the Video Picture you are watching.
- Close the browser completely.
...and don't worry if you telephone line goes dead during a Video session. We will know about it and if it's a chargeable session you will not incur any extra costs.
- 8. May I Contact a Chathost?
- This is entirely at the discretion of the Chathost. Obviously there is no problem sending a Chathost a message using the Send Me Mail option from Chathost's profile. However, any additional contact information such as ICQ, telephone number, address or even meeting up in real life, is up to the individual Chathost. DO NOT keep asking for this information if the Chathost declines to give it to you ...respect their privacy.
- 9. How do I add a Chathost to my Favourites?
- Once you log in as a Viewer, you'll see that every Chathost's Profile has a button *Add Favourites*. If you like a particular Chathost, simply click that button on her/his Profile - and it will be added to your list of Favourites!
- 10. How can I view my Favourites?
- There are 2 ways.
- The easy one: select the Favourites link from Live WebCams menu options.
- The classical one: go to Members Area from Live WebCams menu options and look for the Chathost Related section - and there you have it, your Favourites!
- 1. I forgot my password. How do I get into my account again?
- Please contact our Helpdesk and you will be sent a new password.
- 2. How can I change my password?
- Please go to Members Area (see Live WebCams menu), select My Account and then Change Password link.
- 3. My account is inactive (or closed at user request). I want it back!
- Please contact our Helpdesk to have your account reactivated. As soon as we have authenticated your request, your account will be reopened and ready for use again.
- 4. I used to have a Screen Name but I forgot it completely.
- The simplest solution would be to contact us. We'll try to help ;-)
- 5. I am not allowed to use any services with my account. What's the problem?
- Most probably, there is some sort of problem with your account or your credit card. The reasons may vary, so please get in touch with our Helpdesk. They will explain the problem and advise you on a solution.
- 6. How do I change my account details?
- Some details, such as your password or credit card used for billing, can be changed using the Members Area (see Live WebCams menu). Once you are on that page:
- Select My Account and then Change Password - if you need to change the password or
- To add or change your credit card, click Your Credit Card Details.
With all other changes, please contact our 24/7 Helpdesk and we'll help you right away :-)
- 7. Can I change my Screen Name?
- Unfortunately, not at this time. However, you are not restricted to one Screen Name and can create several as long as you have no outstanding payments :-)
- 1. Are videos free or chargeable?
- There are both free and chargeable rooms available :-) The Chathost decides if she/he charges for Videochat and if so, how much. Chathosts are independent contractors and we have no control over their charging policies.
If video is free, you will see the icon in Chathost's Features on Whoisonline page (choose Small pictures with description view).
- 2. I've got a failed payment on my account - what now?
- Please ensure that sufficient funds are available on the card and then contact our Helpdesk. We will submit the payment for processing again and will let you know of the results. It should take only a few minutes :-)
- 3. Can I update my credit card if it's expired?
- Of course, just contact our Helpdesk with the request. Please do not forget to state the Screen Name of your account, the last 4 digits of the credit card you want updated and its new expiry date.
- 4. Can I check my spending? Do I get a statement?
- Yes, you can always access the billing history of your Viewer account by visiting Members Area (available on see Live WebCams menu).
As soon as you are on that page, choose Session Statistics and go to
- Session Details for a list of your video sessions or
- Credit Card Statement for a list of credit card charges
Additionally, every time a payment is collected you will receive an email to your registered email address - with details of the charge.
- 5. Who do I contact if I would like to discuss my bill?
- Our Helpdesk, as always :-) You can send us an online Help Request or contact us by fax or voice mail. In case we can't assist you directly, we'll make sure your query gets to the right person.
We guarantee a reply within 24 hours, but it usually takes much less time than that. Most queries are processed within just 20-40 minutes so... don't hesitate to drop us a line whenever you have a question or need any help :-)
Click here for our contact details.
- 6. It looks like I was billed twice for the same stuff...?
- Please note that payment for longer video sessions can be split into multiple credit card payments. Such 'split' payments can sometimes be for identical amounts which might be a reason for confusion :-)
For example, after a 60 minutes long Videochat session at $2.50 per minute, the total cost of the Videochat would be $150. For this long session, you would receive about 6 credit card charges, for around $25-30 each (please remember that every bill also has a surcharge of 50 cents).
Each of those 6 charges would have a different Billing Ref. # and cover different 'chunks' of the same Videochat session. Since the price of the video is the same, the billing intervals remain very similar, making the billed amounts also very similar or even identical.
You can always check which Videochat sessions are included in a credit card charge by checking the Description (it's a link Video Session in the last column of the charges list).
In case you are in doubt about a particular payment, simply get in touch with our Helpdesk - we will explain it in more detail for you :-)
- 7. How do I get billed and what do I pay for?
- Most parts of the service are free. A fee will only be payable for the chargeable video sessions.
- 8. Is my billing information safe and protected?
- All of your personal information is encrypted, preventing it from being accessed or read by any unauthorized party. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption that is known to be the best available software package for secure e-commerce trading.
- 9. I don't remember using your services lately. Why am I being sent a Billing Confirmation email?
- If some of the charges look unfamiliar, this may be because they relate to some of your previous spending which has only now been charged to your credit card. This can sometimes happen if there was a payment transaction that previously failed, but can now be processed. Visiting the link given in our Billing Confirmation email will provide you with details of exactly when and why the spending occurred on your Viewer account.
- 10. I received some Billing Confirmation emails for the same amount, why?
- You might get an impression at times that you have been charged more than once for the same session, but this is not the case. Payments for long or expensive sessions are usually split into smaller parts. Because of this, you may receive several bills, each for just a part of the total charge for a particular session (such charges can sometimes be for identical amounts). You can always check how much each session cost in total in your Session Details . For a more detailed explanation, you're welcome to check this FAQ.
- 11. Can I use a debit or cheque card for entering chargeable videos?
- Most debit and cheque cards with the Visa and Mastercard logos should work fine. However, please ensure that your card allows you to make purchases over the Internet.
- 12. My card is 'Not Honoured by the Bank'...
- This temporary status is sometimes returned by banks
- during our validity check (this pre-auth doesn't cost you anything) or
- after you've enjoyed some of the fee-based video on our website (which may have resulted in a failed payment; see your Statement).
Following are the most frequent reasons why a card might be not honoured:
- There are insufficient funds on your account
- Our billing processor CCNetwork may seem uncommon to your bank - considering your spending history
- Your card is not permitted for use in the Internet
- Your card is restricted for a certain number of transactions/Internet transactions
- When registering your card, you've entered an incorrect CVV code/expiry date
All this can be easily solved... just follow these 2 simple steps:
- Contact your bank and give them approval for CC Network transactions (make sure none of the restrictions mentioned above apply to your card)
- Ask our Helpdesk to try your card again - or run through the outstanding payment.
Then give us a couple of minutes! We'll check the card once again to restore it for your further use and send you a confirmation.
If this seems a hassle, you can simply try adding another card :-) (If it doesn't seem to get through, just contact us and we'll see what we can do).
- 13. My card has 'Expired'...
- If the number of your card hasn't changed and you only need to correct the expiry date, simply send us the new expiry date. Your card will be updated in a couple of minutes!
If the card number has changed - please add it as a new card on your account. In case it's returned with any other status than 'fine', please check a corresponding FAQ or simply contact us :-)
- 14. My card is 'Not Validated'...
- You just need to wait a few moments while the card pre-authorization is completed. This might take longer if there is some problem with your card. If that's the case, simply notify us and we'll advise you further.
- 15. My card is 'Closed at User Request'...
- You have chosen to close the card at some point... so if you want to reactivate it, please tell us.
- 16. My card is 'Suspended'...
- This means there has been some kind of problem with your card (for example, many outstanding payments), so it has been suspended. Please Contact Us for further details and ways of resolving this.
- 17. My card is 'Declined by the Bank'...
- Your card has failed for some reason, unfortunately. Please contact our Helpdesk and we will do our best to help.
- 1. Video Chat Window - How does it work?
- Here you will find a description of each feature regarding our video chat window to ensure you get the maximum out of each video session.
1 = Mute: To turn the host's sound on or off
2 = Video size: This gives you the option to change your video viewing dimensions. The options available are small, large, full window and full screen. When you are in full screen mode, the text remains visible for a few seconds and then disappears to allow you to fully enjoy the show. Furthermore, the option to send a message is disabled whilst in full screen. To re-enable it simply hit the escape button to return to the full window display, and from here you can type and send messages as normal.
3 = Cam2Cam: This allows you to send your webcam image to the host (to disable this option click "Stop Cam2Cam")
4 = Switch Session: This gives you the option to going into a One2One session, where you can have an exclusive and private show without interruptions. This option is automatically disabled if the host has other viewers in her room(s).
5 = End Session: This ends your current video session.
6 = Cam2Cam Settings: This allows you to get help, mute or un-mute your microphone, change your audio settings and change your webcam settings.
7 = Message Dialog box and Sending Options: You have the option to add emoticons, write and send messages, change the text size and change the text bar location (between the top and bottom of the screen). Furthermore, you have the option to change your message settings from "send to all" to "sent private to the host".
- 2. What is One2One?
- One2One gives you the option to have an exclusive and private session with your favorite Chathost. Under this option you get his or her full attention for every second of your chat. No interruptions - no bother - no one else!
No special equipment or download is needed to have a One2One session. Simply select the One2One option before entering any live video chat session, or during an open session choose "Switch Session" and One2One from the top left of the chat window.
Please note the One2One option is only available should the Chathost be alone in this or any other open room.
- 3. I can't hear any sound coming from the Chathost. Why?
- This could either be because the host does not offer sound (Chathosts that offer sound have a speaker icon next to their profile picture), the Chathost may have a technical issue with her/his microphone, or the volume may be too low on your computer.
If the sound quality is not suitable you can always mute the sound of the Chathost or see if another host is offering sound.
- 4. How do I know when the Chathost can see me in Cam2Cam?
- You can be sure that the Chathost can see you if you can see yourself after clicking on Cam2Cam. Please remember that it is vital that no other software is using your webcam when you start a Cam2Cam video session, as this will interfere with this function. For your information, the image that the Chathost sees of you is bigger than the image that you can see on your screen.
- 5. The Chathost cannot see me when I'm in video and select Cam2Cam. Why?
- It is important that no other software is using your webcam when you start a Cam2Cam video session, as this normally is the reason for viewing issues (e.g. Skype). For your information, you can be sure that the Chathost can see you if you can see yourself after clicking on Cam2Cam.
- Can the whole world see me when I have my webcam connected?
- No. You can only be seen by the Chathost who is in the same videochat session with you. For privacy reasons, LiveDivaCams does not record, save, monitor or moderate the video received from our Viewers.
- 6. The video quality is poor
- We recommend hosts to use high definition cameras to ensure each and every video session is of excellent quality irrespective of the actual video size. We will soon introduce a feature to show hosts with HD webcams. Meanwhile, if the quality is poor we recommend that you decrease the video size. You will constantly see more improvements within this area as we introduce new features.
- 1. How do I write a review?
- On the Rate this Webcam page that appears at the end of a live video session, there is a Rate Your Chathost section. There, you can enter a review, up to 450 characters, and submit it.
- 2. What are the requirements for submitting a review?
- You can only submit a review after a live video session with the Chathost. Reviews should be honest, and negative feedback should be constructive, not offensive, inaccurate or otherwise low quality. In order for your reviews to be published on the site, you must be a registered member in good standing.
- 3. Can I post the same review more than once?
- No. Each Chathost review may only be published once.
- 4. Can I post more than one review about the same Chathost?
- Yes. A member may write as many reviews as they like, but the whole idea is to provide other members with unbiased advice and personalized recommendations, so if you do multiple reviews about the same Chathost, please try to offer variety in your reviews.
- 5. Can I include links in my review?
- No. Reviews are intended only to provide feedback about the Chathost experience on this site.
- 6. Does LiveDivaCams edit or delete reviews?
- No. However the Chathost does have the right to preview the review and decide whether or not she/he would like to post it on the Chathost profile.
- 7. Can I update a review I wrote in the past?
- No. If you would like to submit another review about the Chathost, you are free to do so.
- 8. Can I delete a review I previously posted?
- No. Once a review is submitted, it is up to the Chathost to decide whether or not the review is publicly posted on the profile page.
- 9. Does my screen name or real name appear next to the review?
- No. We only show the first three letters of your screen name.
- 10. Does LiveDivaCams redistribute my reviews?
- No. Everything you post here stays here.
- 11. Do my reviews have to be positive?
- No. LiveDivaCams wants you to be honest in your reviews, even if it means saying negative things. However, we ask that the negative feedback you provide be constructive and respectful. Chathosts may block and report members whose reviews are consistently offensive, inaccurate or otherwise low quality.